Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How to Install an OOo Build from DEV300_m45

I have noticed some of my fellow classmates are still appearing to have some trouble getting the install working from an OOo build. To make their lives easier, and the lives of anyone else trying to do this task, I will post how I got my build to install.

From the DEV300_m45 folder type in:

setup_native/unxlngi6.pro/bin/install /home/bartosz/Desktop/DEV300_m45/instsetoo_native/unxlngi6.pro/OpenOffice/rpm/install/en-US/RPMS /home/bartosz/Desktop/OOoTEST
Obviously you have to change the /home/bartosz/Desktop to wherever you have the DEV folder checked out. Also the last parameter (/home/bartosz/Desktop/OOo) you can change that to whatever you want the installation folder to be.

Then cd into your installation folder, in my case
cd /home/bartosz/Desktop/OOo

then type
./opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice
or simpress or whatever program you need to run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post as for me. It would be great to read more concerning this matter. Thanx for posting that material.
Sexy Lady
Girls for companionship in London