Monday, April 13, 2009

Assignment Update

During my talk with Thorsten last week he told me to complete my project I would need to write the master page to the clipboard, to the best of my knowledge that would require me to get a Windows build going since all of the operating systems appear to have different ways of writing to a clipboard.

I found the Windows way of doing it, unfortunately I do not have a Windows build yet. I might get that done over the summer break when I can afford to tie up my computer for 8 hours or more.

I wanted to look for how the other parts of Open Office write to the clipboard since they already must have the code somewhere. So I turned to my trusty friend OpenGrok.

And found some interesting pieces of code: I initially found a clipboard.java file, the file looked very helpful, but of course its just a tutorial so I wanted to look for a real working example. I eventually found a g_clipboard.inc, sadly some of that is not in English. So I translated the text, it sounds like what I've been looking for, but clicking the InhaltEinfuegen name led me to this. Which was not very helpful.

I decided to just try to use the tutorial and fool around with the code myself. Of course I would need to add something to the menu bar. I tried adding an item to the menu bar, but it didn't work out, so I figured there must be other places where the menu items are created.

No comments: