Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Build SUCCESS!

Finally I completed my OOo_m40 build on the CDot computers. Now I just need to get it up and running on my local machine which I will work on after dinner. The problem I was having was solved by my classmate Daeson, he emailed me a patch he wrote to solve the error, unfortunatly when I tried the patch a part of it failed. I figured it was because I tried a variety of different patches from the internet that didn't solve my problem so I removed my current build and started again from scratch. My build still crashed in the same place, but at least now I knew I was only going to apply 1 patch instead of the 3 or 4 I tried earlier. After the patch was complete I attempted to build again but got an error saying that "dict-ru:: No such file or directory" I found the file in my filesystem so I tried building it again and it finally worked.

If anyone is still working on the build and crashes in the same spot as I did here is a link to Daeson's patch

No comments: