Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mozilla Developer Days

This past Monday and Tuesday my school hosted the Mozilla Developer Days. Since I didn't have any classes on Monday, and only 1 class on Tuesday I thought it would be a good idea to go, and I'm glad I did.

Being new to the open source world, this was a good opportunity to talk to people who have a bit more experience then I do. I met one of the creators of Songbird. He mentioned in his presentation that when he started working on the project and initially felt overwhelmed with it all. Since I felt the same way I thought he'd be a good person to talk to. He re-assured me that it is fairly easy to jump in and start coding. There is a lot of documentation on the internet to help out plus you can always find people on IRC.

1 comment:

Cris Mooney said...

Hi Bart: I've not found any other way to contact you other than post here. I am interested in Outlook style auto-archive functionality for Thunderbird, perhaps like you were working on in "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/9312". I can start from scratch, or perhaps you are no longer interested in that and would pass on your work for me to continue. Please contact me as "csm" at my domain "forus.com" if you have the time. - Cris Mooney